PAIR ADODOUROV RUSSIAN PORCELAIN ARMORIAL PLATES
A fine pair of Russian armorial plates hand painted with the noble armorial for ADODOUROV.
Measure approx 9,5 Inches wide.
Perfect condition, excellent re-gilding to the rims.
The Adodourov Mansion in St Petersberg was located at No.58 Quai Des Anglais.
The Street was reverted back to its pre 1918 name, in honour of a visit to the city by Queen Elizabeth II.
Vassili Evdokimovitch Adodourov (1709-1780) standardised the Russian language. When he was appointed to the Department of Heraldry, he designed over 300 coats of arms and founded the rules for Russian Heraldry.