A PAIR OF RUSSIAN IMPERIAL PORCELAIN PLATES MADE FOR THE GATCHINA PALACE
A wonderful pair of Russian Imperial porcelain flates. Produced at the St Petersburg factory, for TSAR NICHOLAS II (1894-1917) his GATCHINA PALACE. Decorated with the Imperial eagle and arms of St George.
Known in Inventories as “Service with the Coat-of-Arms and a Gold Band” (Сервиз с гербом и золотым рантом).
Excellent condition, one plate with tiny restored rim flake, the other with short rim crack.
Some minor wear to gilding.