ST PETERSBURG MONOGRAM CUP & SAUCER TSAR ALEXANDER II 'FARM PALACE SERVICE'
A fine St Petersburg porcelain cup & saucer, dated 1914. The border with a central Imperial crown and Monogram. Underneath, marked with the monogram of Tsar Nicholas II (1868-1918).
This second FARM PALACE SERVICE was made for TSAR ALEXANDER II 1855-1881 . (The earlier service had a blue border). Not far from the Peterholf Palace, the Alexander Park was a pleasure garden with several buildings. The Farm Palace was originally a cottage but was gradually enalrged and used by the Imperial family. (See photo of Nicholas II ). Several additions were made to the service over the years.
The last Tsar was held captive here during his remaining days.
short hairline to cup. Minor regilding.